Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Development of CALL


Being the presenter of the chapter the development of CALL gives me a knowledge on the history and development of CALL. There are altogether three phases of CALL and they are the behaviorist CALL which is the first phase.. Communicative CALL the second phase and finally INTEGRATIVE CALL.. during the first phase the main concern would be on accuracy and then it moves into fluency and finally it prioritizes on agency..Anyway, I would say many people do not really like to talk about the history thingy...

Well, let us talk on how we are using the office programs by inculcating CALL in them. Based on my experience as a student, i would say I Microsoft Word and Microsoft Power Point is the types of programs that I always use during my life as a student and being a trainee teacher for about three months, I also sometimes integrate Power Point Presentation during my lesson. However, i believe that if students nowadays are given the opportunity to use the computer during the lesson, they will become more active and can think critically.However, the teacher will have to play a major role in this because if the teacher fails to do so, he or she will not be able to control the class and the lesson will fail. Therefore i believe that if the teacher plans to use the computer during the lesson, he or she must also have a good class management..

No comments:

Post a Comment